Translation and proofreading
Translation is the core activity in the overall localization process. In general, translation is the conversion of content from a source language to a target language. However, in reality, it also requires much more than that, including qualified staff translators, a quality assurance process comprising proofreading and editing, terminology management, communication within the entire team, and the proper use of technology. These additional components are what make this process efficient and that enable the achievement of consistently outstanding results.
Synergy offers the translation of the following types of materials:
- Technical: User manuals, technical descriptions, specifications, instructions, safety sheets, regulations, datasheets, patents, etc.
- Commercial: Contracts, agreements, annual statements, bylaws, charters, business plans, investment proposals, etc.
- Legal: Resolutions, cases, laws, decrees, orders, statutory provisions, judgments, verdicts, powers of attorney, etc.
- Marketing: Ads, brochures, promotional materials, product briefs, catalogues, etc.
- Scholarly: Research papers, theses, reports, analyses, abstracts, studies, treatises, essays, surveys, almanacs, articles, etc.
- Other: Magazine and newspaper articles, movie subtitles, audio records, etc.
Apart from translators, we employ a deep pool of linguists, translation managers and subject matter experts that take care of both linguistic and technical accuracy of all translations in a variety of fields. Our translators are always native speakers of the target language, which is a pre-requisite for a culturally-sensitive and idiomatic translations we aim to provide.
For a list of the languages that we offer, see Working languages.